Sunday, March 31, 2013

Favorite Spring Nail Polishes 2013

Hey guys! :) Happy Easter Sunday!  The weekend flew by, as usual.  Today I'm going to be showing you my favorite Spring nail polishes this year. I love nail polish, especially for the Spring.  Tons of brands come out with new Spring collections and limited edition colors.  I usually don't buy many limited edition polishes though, because I can never really find them at stores around me.  (sadly)  Anyways, I am going to stop typing this intro and actually get into the real topic of this blog post.  Let's get started with my favorite Spring nail polishes of 2013.  (btw these aren't in any particular order) 

The first nail polish I'm going to talk about is Essie- lilacism.  This nail polish is so pretty! :) I love wearing this during the Springtime, but I do wear it year round as well.  It's a light lilac pastel color with a cream finish.  The Essie website says , "elegant and enchanting, this satiny smooth lilac whispers springtime."  I think that that description fits this nail polish very well.  This color also looks great on many different skin tones.  You can find this nail polish at Target, www.essie.com, CVS, and wherever Essie products are sold. It is around $8.00 depending where you buy it. 








The next nail polish is another one from Essie, called a crewed interest.  This nail polish is so pretty.  Btw, I am going to use the word pretty a lot in this blog post. lol  Anyways, a crewed interest is a beautiful peach color that's perfect for Spring. It has a cream finish, so no shimmer or glitter.  I love wearing this color on my nails! :) The Essie website describes this nail polish as "a luminous peach shade."  It is most definitely the right description.  You can buy this nail polish from www.essie.com, Target, CVS, and wherever Essie products are sold. 





The third nail polish I'm going to rave about is Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in mint sorbet.  I am a huge fan of this polish!  It's so pretty.  I love the color mint, and this nail polish is a great mint nail polish!  That's just what it is, a refreshing, light mint nail polish with a cream finish that screams Spring.  It reminds me of mint ice cream. :) It's very opaque in one coat, and not streaky or anything like that.  This nail polish is only around $3.00 from the drugstore.  I got mine from Target for a great price. Any of the nail polishes from this line are extremely budget friendly.  So, your nails can look chic and stylish for an inexpensive price. 





The second to last nail polish I'm going to be talking about is L'oreal cream puffs.  I got this nail polish pretty recently and I love it so much. It's from the new Romance Versailles collection released for Spring. It's a buttery, pale yellow cream nail polish with a subtle pearl effect.  I just had to pick up this color when I saw a bunch of beauty gurus on YouTube post pictures of the collection on Instagram.  I also was kind of drawn in by the name. lol :) I love when nail polishes have super cute names.  



Here is a picture I took that shows the soft pearl finish.  You can't really see it well, but it's much better than the first picture.  On the nails, this doesn't show up too well, but in the bottle it does.



The last nail polish is yet another Essie.  It's called shine of the times.  Sadly, I'm pretty sure it was discontinued, but you can find it on Ebay.  Here's a link for one on Ebay- http://www.ebay.com/itm/ESSIE-MULTI-DIMENSION-TOP-COAT-NAIL-POLISH-SHINE-OF-THE-TIMES-LUXEFFECTS-/290887637311?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43ba41193f  This nail polish is a multidimensional topcoat to put over another nail polish.  I absolutely love wearing this over many nail colors.  It is a super pretty flaky glitter topcoat.  It has iridescent flaky glitters in it and they are all different colors.  The only thing I would say about the formulation is that it's a little bit sticky.  It's not too bad though.  Once you apply it it works out just fine.



Here's a picture of the nail polish up close where you can see the color of it pretty well.  It looks pretty much the same in this picture as it does in real life.  




I hope you guys enjoyed this blog post. :) Maybe it inspired you to try out some new nail polishes.  If you do try any of these out, please let me know in a comment below.  Also, if you would like to see any of these nail polishes swatched on my nails, feel free to let me know in a comment below.  

Stay glittery and I will ttyl,
Lexi :) 
  





No comments:

Post a Comment